Being in the kitchen can be a lot of fun for not only the children but their adult helpers as well. Be sure to teach your children kitchen safety. Remind them of hot water, sharp knives and hot cooking surfaces. Teaching them safety in the kitchen also teaches them good habits that will last a lifetime.
- Fill a saucepan half full of water, place over medium high heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Carefully stir the pasta into the boiling water.
- Cook the pasta for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the peas and bring the water back to a boil.
- Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and peas well.
- Return the pasta and peas back to the saucepan and place over low heat.
- Stir in the Alfredo sauce and bacon pieces.
- Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until completely heated through.