Children love to cook for their parents and this recipe is a great one for them to try. It's best if they already know a little bit about cooking before they try this one as it can be a little tricky to get the noodles just right. If they wish they can brown 1 lb. of lean ground beef and stir into the pasta sauce before adding it to the rolls.
- Fill a saucepan half full of water, place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Carefully place the lasagna noodles into the boiling water and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the noodles, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the noodles well and allow them to cool enough to handle.
- Break the egg into a mixing bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil well.
- Lay the lasagna noodles out flat.
- Spread the pasta sauce evenly over each of the noodles.
- Spread the cottage cheese mixture evenly over the pasta sauce leaving a little of the short ends uncovered.
- Roll the lasagna from the short end tightly up over the filling.
- Place the rolls seam side down into a microwavable dish and cover with wax paper.
- Microwave the rolls for 2 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt.
- Remove the wax paper and top with the remaining pasta sauce.
- Return uncovered to the microwave and heat for 1 minute or until the sauce is heated through.