Serve these muffins warm or cold for breakfast or snack time with a glass of milk.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a muffin pan or line the holes with muffin paper cases.
- In a bowl, mix all the solid ingredients - all purpose flour, wholemeal flour, oat bran, baking pwoder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a second bowl, whisk all the wet ingredients - egg, buttermilk, honey.
- Pour the liquid into the bowl containing the dry ones and stir just enough to make a batter. It does not matter if it looks a little lumpy. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the holes or paper cases to fill up to three quarters.
- Bake in the middle rack for 20 minutes or until risen and golden.
- Remove muffins from the oven and leave in the pan until just warm.
Serve the muffins when they are still warm or store in an airtight container until later.The recipe is good and healthy on its own, however If using organic ingredients, it is even better.