This is a very delicious, very chocolate-tasting and moist loaf. Serve with milk or, if you're feeling like a really special treat, ice cream. The creaminess is excellent with the super chocolate taste.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine dry ingredients
- Add the following to a mixing bowl: flour, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, baking and baking soda.
- Mix until well combined.
Combine wet ingredients and sugar
- In another mixing bowl add the wet ingredients (eggs and vanilla) and the brown sugar. Wisk until well combined.
- Then add shredded zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
Combine dry & wet ingredients
- Add the wet zucchini mixture with the dry mix.
- Stir very well until combined Ã¢â‚¬â€œ it can take a couple of minutes.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir well.
Get ready for baking
- Add the mixture into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake in 350° F oven for 50-60 minutes. It is ready when you stick a toothpick in it and it comes out clean. Allow to cool before servingÃ¢â‚¬Â¦and the longer you let it sit, the moister it gets. The waiting may be torturous, but well worth it!
Use whole wheat flour preferably. All purpose flour works too, but whole wheat will likely go undetected by picky eaters of this chocolate concoction.
The loaf can be a little bit dry upon removal from the oven. For optimal moistness, allow the loaf to stand for a few hours.
You may want to double the recipe and freeze a loaf for later.
2 mixing bowls, measuring cups, measuring spoons, whisk, spoon or spatula, a grater for zucchini, loaf pan.