Combining plain pasta and spinach pasta makes the dish look more colorful and interesting. Not that children need much encouragement to eat pasta in any fashion.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and reserve.
- Heat butter on a low heat until it melts. Saute shallots for1- 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the peas, cover and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine ricotta cheese and milk.
- When peas are cooked, remove from heat and add cheese mixture to mushrooms and peas. Your sauce is done.
- Toss the sauce with pasta and serve.
Use any type of string or ribbon pasta: spaghetti, fettuccine, tagliatelle, linguine.
As it is, the recipe makes a one dish meal. You can serve straw and hay with plain tomato sauce as an appetizer or side dish.
Make it three colors by substituting equal parts of plan and spinach pasta with tomato or beetroot pasta.