One of the best ways to teach a child how to cook is by baking. This recipe is very simple and makes a great beginning recipe for children just learning to cook. These muffins will disappear pretty quickly but just in case there are leftovers they can be frozen and reheated in the microwave for 10 second on high.
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Place 24 liners in a mini muffin tin and spray them lightly with a non stick cooking spray.
- Place the muffin mix into a mixing bowl.
- Add the water, oats and oil into the bowl.
- Add the egg and stir until the Ingredients are blended together well.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full of the batter.
- Gently press 1 chocolate candy into the middle of each cup until it's covered with the batter.
- Bake the muffin for 15 minutes or until the tops puff back when lightly touched.
- Remove the muffins and let them cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.