Colorful and healthy as the only ingredients in these ice lollies are fruit and honey.
- Puree strawberries and whisk in 1/4 cup (60 ml, about 4 Tablespoon) honey.
- Distribute among 12 ice lollipop molds and freeze until firm. It will take 30-45 minutes, depending on the freezer.
- Meanwhile, puree peaches and blend in another 1/4 cup honey.
- When the first layer is firm, divide the honey sweetened peach puree into the molds. Insert a lollipop stick and freeze for 30-40 minutes or until the peach layer is firm.
- Puree kiwis with the remaining 1/4 cup honey. Strain if necessary and pour kiwi puree into the molds. Freeze until firm and ready to serve.
To do stripped ice lollies, just set the layers in a different order.
You will need lollipop molds, and lollipop sticks. If you don't have them, improvise. paper cups are a good substitute for lollipop molds. Extra thick straws or plastic spoons can double as sticks - although the wooden ones are best, especially if the lollipops are intended for young children. Pureeing fruit is quick and easy with a food processor or blender, besides honey can be added and mixed in from the start. As all the fruit required to prepare these traffic lights is of the soft type, a coarse sieve and a whisk are a possibility.