Kids like peanut butter. You should like it too because it is healthy. Besides, there are many snacks you can make with peanut butter. Even better, let the kids make their own snacks. They will need a little help from you for things such as muffins or cookies, unless your kids are old enough to deal with the oven on their own. Find below some ideas.
Kid’s snacks you can make with peanut butter
- The simple and classic peanut butter toast.
- Celery sticks with peanut butter, add raisins for extra fiber and nutrients.
- Ritz crackers peanut butter sandwiches.
- Ritz crackers peanut butter sandwiches dipped in melted chocolate or chocolate sauce.
- Peanut butter muffins or try chocolate and peanut butter brownie cups.
- Apple slices with peanut butter.
- Peanut butter, sliced apple and finely chopped celery sandwich, with the advantage that it has all the nutrients they need in a meal.
- Peanut butter and banana sandwiches, toasted or not.
- Peanut butter and banana bread or muffins.
- Peanut butter pancakes, kids can easily heat ready made pancakes in the microwave.
- Peanut butter frosting to spread on cupcakes, graham crackers, anything that needs frosted.
- Peanut butter fudge, or try a blend of chocolate and peanut butter fudge, as this recipe suggests as a cooking tip.
- Peanut butter cookies, such as no bake Cheerio peanut butter cookies, because peanut butter, Cheerios and kids is a great combination. These no bake cookies or no bake Cheerio sugar cookies are similar, so you can choose the recipe that suits you best. if cookies are not your thing, .
- Chocolate peanut butter ball candy, or think buckeyes, and make this treat on all occasions.
- Peanut butter milkshakes, throw into the blender 1 cup milk, 1 Tbs peanut butter, 1 apple, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks, 2-3 tsp honey or sugar and blend until smooth - substitute apple with 1 banana, sliced, or try other fruits.
- Easy breakfast bars for a breakfast on the go make an equally good snack on the go.